Sunday, September 8, 2013

First Fall Fest of the Season

One of my family's favorite towns had their annual Canal Days this weekend, officially kicking off this seasons Fall Fests. This place is amazing! There are a lot of antique stores to visit with one of them being so huge and awesome, I'd need a full day to really look at all the things they have. 

I had a friend with me this time and we hadn't gone two steps into this large antique store before finding a wall of baskets full of buttons. We could have easily spent an hour on just sorting through all those buttons. So many cool vintage items there and I already know when I go back what I'm picking up because there was more than one item I was bereft to leave behind. 




I did find these great clip-ons. And for 5 bucks I don't think I did too shabby. The aqua colored ones have a couple of crystal chips missing, but that's alright, they still look fabulous on. 





This was the really neat stairwell in that large antique mall. I fell in love with the railing and this site was common in many of the buildings in town. Just wonderful, rustic materials everywhere! 



One of my favorite buildings in this little city is the Vinton House. 



This building was once a hotel used by guests going up and down the Whitewater Canal. It has a small ballroom on the second floor and the various sized rooms really make you wish you knew how it was set up back in it's heyday. Today it's a two-story antique store with the third floor a museum. Really neat!

Having my children with me and one of them being especially cranky I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would've liked. I plan on going back for their Antique Fair in October and I'll be leaving the kiddies with the hubby :) 

I'll have to write more on this little city after my next excursion, because there really is SO much history here, I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment